Friday 3 September 2010

Darkened Cigarettes

Alone in front of the expanse of dark
Light from the side but faith no more
A moment to ponder before I crack
And I reach for the pain with a sore
It eludes me, that devious and sly thought
Leaving the notion of immense disease
A smile, receiving the item that I sought
But it's a lie- I'm brought to my knees
The sender blinks and turns away
Finding solance in personal deceptions
Letting this helpless being cry and stray
Upon the brink of futile conception
Once just maybe there had been the rose
Impish grins shinning to respond in alummim
But the heart- it feels what the mind knows
Sensing pain in edifices and a small crumb
Failing with no signs of stopping known
Occasional hints with the facade of light to see
Snapping and breaking every single bone
Yet one would see an untouched body
Light- the purfying source of all knowledge and lies
Those mundane objects re-attacking mortal debts
Here- no, perhaps there, light returns and deeply sighs
Streaming the curling some of darkened cigarettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment